Tuesday, September 09, 2014

To Cleanse or not to Cleanse

I have been tossing around the idea for some time now.  I have been looking into the options.  Health food store? Online Regimen? Meet with a nutritionist?  I don't have much weight to lose, but I do need to reset my health and get on track.  I was invited to a presentation at a nutritionists office in my town and I decided to check it out.  After her lunch hour presentation I decided, YES!  I want to do a cleanse.  It is time to give my body a reset and give my liver a break.  (I am afraid to say that I may or may not be drinking more these days than I should be).

Fast forward 2 weeks when I meet with my Nutritionist, Amy at Living Well.  She is so nice, great energy and super knowledgeable.  She totally got me.  When I complained of feeling yuck, tired, bloated, frustrated.  I needed a change.  She knew exactly what I needed.  A 20 day detox.  I told her it was very important to me that I eat real food and that I not do something that I won't be able to succeed on.  She assured me that I would be eating real food and would come out the end of 20 days feeling AMAZING!

One of my major concerns is that I am ALWAYS tired.  Like always.  I get 8 hours of sleep a night (but I am not getting the deep sleep I would like), I am up by 6am and by 8am my eye lids feel HEAVY!  I have been also dealing with being moody and frustrated (for really no good reason).  While I have that mostly under control by using Progessence Plus Serum, I still have bouts that there is no reason I should be annoyed with things but I am.

Nutritionist Amy got me all set up and I was ready to start on Monday, September 1st.  The first 2 days were eating real food but only fruits, veggies and eggs.  Day 3-5 were the special days.  I would have two 32 oz containers of pure lemon juice, maple syrup and water plus ALL the water I wanted.  WHAT?!?!  Don't be so generous!  Haha

Day 6-20 were back to just fruits, veggies, up to 3 eggs, 1 avocado a day and I could add in either 1 cup of brown rice, 1 cup of Quinoa or 1/2 a sweet potato/yam.  Woohoo!

I went to the store to prep for this diet and I will update you as I go!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment