Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Ready set go...Day 1-2

So Day 1 and 2 were not so hard.  I had to give up caffeine and in preparation I reduced my coffee intake starting a week before.  I only had decaf until the day before.  With the plan, I received 2 protein shakes and other supplements.  I was really nervous about having no coffee.  It is my routine to take a shower, make the coffee and drink a cup while I get ready.  It is warm and delicious.  But alas it was time to make a change.  With no coffee first thing in the morning I knew I would need to make sure I ate or had the protein shake right away.

Morning 1: It was labor day so I was able to relax and my hubby was home helping me feed and entertain the kids.  I was able to make my lunch and have it packed so we could spend the last day of summer at the pool.  Dinner was easy since my husband is an amazing cook and super supportive.  He sautéed veggies for me and it was AMAZING!

Day 1 down!  I felt great all day.  I wasn't starving, I wasn't tired.  It was awesome.  We shall see what comes next!

Day 2 brought a little more chaos.  I had to get the kids ready for school on my own plus I was working so I had to pack my lunch and get out the door.  I was able to pack a HUGE salad with lots of leafy greens and veggies.  I had made a dressing the day before and I sliced up some eggs for my salad.  I grabbed an apple for my mid morning snack and packed one scoop of my shake for the afternoon.

All was good until lunch.  All my friends at work on similar diets/clean eating so we have been going to the hospital cafeteria.  There is a huge salad bar and it is not expensive.  I was happy with my food.  I wasn't hungry but I was starting to have some FOMO (Fear of Missing Out).  What I forgot to mention to Nutritionist Amy is I am a social eater and I LIKE food.  I like to eat.  I typically eat something every 2-3 hours and I usually eat whatever I want.  Most of the time I make healthy choices but I am a petite person so I don't really have to be crazy strict with my diet (or so I thought). Lunch is where it hit me.  I like bread.  I like pasta.  And I feel like with a meal a piece of bread finishes out the meal nicely.  (I know this is not true but my inner child can't get over it).

Yea, I finished out the day.  I felt great.  I wasn't tired, I wasn't too cranky.  But my FOMO was ragging!  Like something fierce.

But what was really lingering over my head was the 3 days where all I did was basically drink my body weight in "juice" and water!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment