Thursday, September 11, 2014

Food.. I see Food!!!!



I finished my 3 day juice cleanse with a bang.  Saturday morning could not come soon enough, all I wanted was some real food that I could chew.  I had to laugh when I woke up on Saturday morning, I was begging for scrambled eggs with veggies.  My first bite brought a flavor EXPLOSION to my mouth!  It was incredible!  I was so excited to get back to eating real food.  I was going to be able to eat fruits, veggies, eggs and... wait for it... 1 cup of either brown rice, quinoa or half a sweet potato.  SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!  Carbs!   Hello beautiful world!  Everything is looking clear!

I was so excited!  I had been dreaming about what I was going to eat with my "carbs".  I was getting all sorts of crazy, sautéed veggies.. maybe.  Eggs... maybe?  Stuffed zucchini with quinoa.. I am getting crazy.

It is so funny how my taste buds can change.  I just wanted to eat food.  Saturday quickly became challenging as I was running errands to get ready for little man's birthday the next day, we had our first soccer game for one of my daughters and we had a Rockies game.  Yep!  It is the first time in my life that I went to a Rockies game and I didn't get a Rocky Dog.  I only like hot dogs at baseball games and now... dreams and taste buds shattered!

I did my best to try and eat but I mostly grazed (which helped keep my energy and glucose levels up) but it was not quite the AMAZING flavor explosion pig out (on fruits and veggies) day I was planning.  My partner in crime is so awesome that he made me a delicious meal of sautéed sweet potato with veggies (similar to the one from my spiralized post) and I was able to eat before we headed out for the game.

At the game I sliced up a peach and brought some carrots to tide me over, because obviously my carrots taste exactly like a delicious oven cooked pizza or french fries from the grill.  But I was determined to stay the course!  Seriously.. It is for 20 days not the rest of my life... Right?

At the game, each kid had something different (which I would normally munch off of).  Hot dogs, pizza, chicken tenders, fries, cinnamon pecans oh my!  Could life be taunting me any more?!?!  I sat in the corner (ok not actually in the corner but it felt like the food corner of shame) and ate my delicious peach and when a kid tried to take a piece I about take him out (yea it may have been the birthday boy).  Darn it!  I was going to enjoy my peach!  Back up off kid!

I made it through the weekend successful!  I never cheated and I was able to have an amazing dinner of roasted tomato sauce and spaghetti squash as my family had noodles.  But I felt amazing!  I kept reminding myself that I felt amazing and it is only 20 days.  I had a goal of changing my moods, my eating habits and giving my body a break!  By the end of the week, I was on the downward slope of the cleanse and I was ready to face the coming 10 days with excitement and enjoyment!  (and maybe a bad case of Food FOMO).

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment